Students from all around the globe wish to seek the best education that is present. Of course, everyone wants access to the best of things but there are often immaculate students who are unable to tap into these pools of knowledge. The lack of funds is something that a lot of people are faced with. To allow students from around the world, scholarships are started by various governments and universities. One such scholarship is the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship. The blog introduces you to this scholarship and all the other benefits it entails.
|Offered by||Australian Government|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
|Scholarship Website Link|
Australia Eases Travel Restrictions for International Students
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships are available to domestic and foreign students pursuing research masters and doctoral degrees. The scholarship is valid for 42 prominent Australian universities and covers international tuition fees and a stipend. Here are some of the prominent key points about this scholarship program that are being listed below:
- Applicants must contact their university for Australian Government Research Training Program applications and deadlines.
- Recipients will receive an annual stipend of AUD 28,092 (INR 1504253.08) and maximum financial support of AUD 43,882 (INR 2349766.26).
- Only 10% of the RTP grant can be used to support overseas students at a university.
- Academic merit, publications, academic research training, and performance are used to make decisions.
- Those with publications and related experience will be given priority.
- Scholarships are renewable for a period of 3 years or 2 years for a research doctorate and two years for a research master’s degree.
Know more about the Cost of Studying in Australia as an international student!
Australian Government Research Training Program Grant Details
Every year, the Australian RTP programme provides financial assistance to qualified domestic and overseas students commencing research masters and PhD programmes at partnering Australian universities. Aside from the Research Training Program scholarship stipend, students are eligible for any other scholarship. The whole financial aid benefit, however, should not exceed 75% of their yearly RTP stipend rate. The following is a list of the Australian Government Research Training Program’s assistance and benefits:
|Type of Support/Benefit||RTP Fee Offset||RTP Stipend|
|Tuition Fee Offset||Yes||–|
|Student Health Cover||–||Yes|
|Dependent Child Allowance||–||Yes|
The following are the main requirements for getting financial help from the Australian Government Research Training Program:
- An international or local student enrolling in an authorised HDR degree at an Australian university.
- Applicants must meet the university’s academic criteria for the Master’s and Doctorate programmes they are applying to.
- Proof of English language competency is required for international students (ELP).
|Test Name||Minimum Score Requirement|
Test Your Language Proficiency With this English Quiz
The Australian Government Research Training Program application procedure is individually managed by all the 42 participating Australian universities.
- New RTP tuition fee waivers, stipends, and allowance applications must be submitted directly to the university.
- Some universities just need candidates to check the ‘financial aid’ option on their admissions applications.
- Applicants should contact the university’s scholarship office or the postgraduate research office for information on the RTP application process.
- The application date varies from university to university since the participating universities individually oversee the scholarship application procedure.
- Academic Transcripts
- Evidence of publications, output in the arts or music, professional experience
- English language requirements
- Research Proposal
- Updated CV
- Identity papers, such as passport, national identity card, and student visa
- Residency proof
- Copy of the thesis abstract
- Summary of the intended research project
- List of published works with URL links and/or copy of each publication
- Email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement to supervise
Know about How to Write an Outstanding Scholarship Application?
Australian Government Research Training Program Support Period
The support duration from the Australian Government Research Training Program varies by course. The following table contains the relevant information:
|Program Category||Scholarship Support|
|Full-time Master’s Course||2 years|
|Part-time Master’s Course||4 years|
|Full-time Research Doctorate Course||3 years (can be extended up to 4 years)|
|Part-time Research Doctorate Course||6 years (can be extended up to 4 years)|
Participating institutions are in charge of the selection process, just as they are of the application process. The process of shortlisting and selecting beneficiaries is very competitive. The following are some of the most prevalent elements that influence the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship selection:
- Previous coursework
- Research experience
- Work experience
- Research publications
- Referee’s report
Are you planning to study in Australia but are confused about where to start from? Our experts at Leverage Edu will provide end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800572000 and book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today!