When it comes to finance, the UK is home to some of the best universities in the world. With a long history of financial institutions and a renowned higher education system, the UK offers some of the best finance courses, research opportunities and career prospects. From top-ranking universities to renowned business schools, the UK has something to offer for everyone looking to pursue a career in finance. Here is a list of the best universities for finance in the UK, offering a range of courses and programmes to help you get started in the world of finance.
Consistently ranked among the top study abroad destinations, the United Kingdom hosts a wide range of courses in Finance. It is also known as the global financial hub which has made the country an optimal choice for students who wish to begin their career in this field. It is home to the world’s highest-ranked universities for Finance and Accounting. In this blog, let’s explore the Best Universities for Finance in UK.
Why Study Finance in UK?
Owing to the professional courses and job opportunities, the number of international students pursuing Finance in UK has increased in the past few years. The institutions provide exceptional academic training delivered by experts and research programs that are recognized globally. Here are a few reasons to study Finance in UK.
- Employment Opportunities: The UK has various job opportunities for graduates after their studies in finance, accounting, and management. Top recruiters like Korn Ferry, Morgan Phillips, Robert Half, etc. provide employability for freshers.
- Industry-Specific Skills: UK universities help students develop industry-specific skills and a practical outlook which gives them an edge in the market. This helps students grab higher positions in industries.
- International Recognition: Graduates from the UK can certainly pursue their career in Finance from any part of the world. This is due to the international recognition of courses of the university that are known for their high standards of teaching.
- World’s Major Financial Centre: The UK owns more than 35% of the global foreign exchange turnover. The financial service of the UK trade surplus was almost the same as the combined surpluses of the three leading countries, i.e. USA, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Best Universities for Finance in UK
|University in UK||QS WUR Ranking 2023|
|The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)||56|
|University of Oxford||04|
|University of Cambridge||02|
|London Business School||NA|
|The University of Manchester||28|
|Imperial College London||=6|
|The University of Edinburgh||15|
|The University of Warwick||64|
|City, University of London||=355|
Explore how you can Study in UK Without IELTS
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Located in London, LSE is ranked 1st among the best universities for Finance in UK. The institution is regarded as one of the largest and most reputed finance groups in the world. It provides various UG and PG courses in Finance. LSE has also established 2 leading research groups in Finance: The Financial Markets Group (FMG) which is a leading research centre in Europe and the Systemic Risk Centre that helps study the risks and financial crisis triggers. The following are the top Finance courses at LSE.
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Finance
- BSc Financial mathematics and statistics
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Risk and Finance
Check out How to Get Admission in London School of Economics
University of Oxford
An institution that has an unparalleled reputation, the University of Oxford ranks 2nd for its programs in Finance in the UK. Oxford provides world-class academics along with research in all areas of Finance at the Saïd Business School. The finance research department has particular expertise in asset pricing and corporate finance. Oxford has various options for degrees that provide training in the tools that are sought by financial organizations and employees. A few of the courses are mentioned below:
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Law and Finance
- Doctor of Philosophy in Finance
- MSc Mathematical and Computational Finance
Check out How to get admission at Oxford University?
The University of Manchester
Next on the list of best universities for Finance in UK is the University of Manchester. Part of the prestigious Russel Group, it is known for its teaching excellence in the field of Finance and Accounting. The university’s Alliance Manchester Business School (Alliance MBS) delivers high-quality teaching associated with cutting-edge research. For undergraduate finance courses, it offers BAEcon degrees that give students options to specialise in a combination of accounting, economics and finance. The following are a few programs for Finance at the University of Manchester:
- BSc (Hons) Management (Accounting and Finance)
- BAEcon Finance
- BAEcon Economics and Finance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Quantitative Finance
- MSc Mathematical Finance
Check out the University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
Imperial College London
Imperial College London ranks 6th among the best universities for Finance in UK. The university has intellectually rigorous and quantitative programs that are provided at the Imperial College and Imperial College Business School. The research department for finance comprises competent members who not only publish in the UK’s top journals but also disseminate research to policy-makers to strengthen the financial system. Here are the courses offered by the college for finance:
- Integrated Masters (MEng) in Computing (Management and Finance)
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics for Finance
- MSc Financial Technology
- MSc Finance
- MSc Finance & Accounting
- MSc Mathematics and Finance
Also Read Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
The University of Edinburgh
Ranked 7th in the UK for finance, The University of Edinburgh offers Finance programs that are accredited by a range of globally renowned business education organisations. The university gives students experience and intellectual understanding of various financial concepts by providing hands-on training and interactive teaching methods. The vibrant research department encompasses issues like asset pricing, behavioural finance, and other aspects affecting financial markets and the government. The following are a few courses in finance at the University of Edinburgh:
- LLM International Banking Law and Finance
- MA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- Financial Modelling and Optimization MSc
- Computational Mathematical Finance MSc
- Climate Change Finance and Investment MSc
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc
- PhD Finance
- Financial Technology PhD
The application process for securing admission in the majority of the universities takes place through the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) application website.
- After registering, create your application on the UCAS website.
- You can apply for up to five programmes, at the same or different universities in the UK.
- Fill up your personal information.
- Add previous educational qualifications and financial information.
- Write a personal statement.
A few universities might also ask for course-specific entrance exams. Students will also be required to submit proof of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced.
This was all about the best universities for Finance in UK. The United Kingdom is certainly a place with a huge scope for aspiring students in this field. Planning to pursue finance in any one of these universities? You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.