Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students passionate about sustainability and energy development to pursue their dreams. This scholarship program provides students with the necessary financial support to realize their potential in the field of sustainability and energy development, allowing them to make a real difference in the world. ESED scholarship recipients have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the environment and promote the use of renewable energy sources through their research and studies. The scholarship also provides recipients with the chance to network and collaborate with industry leaders, making it an invaluable resource for those looking to build their career in sustainability and energy development.
Offered by the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP), the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Program is offered to outstanding students from developing countries. This award is given to 6-8 students pursuing master’s level courses every year. The ESED scholarship is applicable for a period of 2 years and it is mandatory that the students be pursuing studies in fields of electric transportation, zero-carbon energy, advanced electricity technologies, political science, or relevant disciplines. The recipients of this prestigious scholarship will be awarded an amount of 21,000 USD (INR 15,84,183).
|Organization||Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership|
|No of scholarships||8|
|International students eligibility||Yes|
What is the ESED Scholarship?
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program is offered to encourage the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future. Students from over 40 countries across the world who are pursuing masters are offered this scholarship. 10 students are awarded this scholarship ever year.
Eligibility for ESED Scholarship
- Candidates who are awarded this scholarship must be committed to returning back to their home country after the completion of the program.
- The candidates must be pursuing a full-time master’s program comprising at least 2-3 semesters.
- Students should have an exceptional academic profile and must fall under the top 20% in their class.
- Should participate in community involvement and be committed to sustainable energy development.
- Students should be determined in advancing their knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Check Out – South Asia Postgraduate Excellence Award
How to apply for ESED Scholarship?
Students interested in availing of this scholarship must fill out the online application form. Students are additionally required to include the following documents:
- Birth certificate/passport
- Transcripts from universities
- Admission letter from the university
- Scores of tests (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE)
- Outline of the program
- Copy of academic reference form
- personal/academic reference letter
Must Read: QS Scholarships for UG, PG and PhD Courses
Selection Process for ESED Scholarship
Candidates applying for this scholarship undergo a rigorous selection process. The students are selected on the basis of roughly 3 factors such as:
- Academic qualifications and achievements
- Extracurricular records
- Work experience
The academic panel consists of notable academicians who will review the applications and choose the deserving candidate.
Check Out – 60+ IIM Scholarships for MBA Applicants
This was all about the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship. We hope you find this blog insightful. For guidance related to the application process get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu.