The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships are an amazing opportunity for students to pursue their educational dreams. The scholarships are awarded to students from all over the world to help them finance their studies and research. The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships aim to promote international understanding and provide educational opportunities to students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds. The scholarships are made available to those who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential, and can be used to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other study-related expenses. With the help of these scholarships, students can reach their full potential and make a positive impact in their communities.
The promotion of young talent has always been the priority of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships. The first Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarship was awarded to talented youngsters from the working class who took a keen interest in the establishment of democracy in the Weimar Republic. The scholarship is offered to German and international students who wish to pursue Bachelors, Masters or PhD studies in German universities and technical colleges. In this blog, we will cover all the essential details about the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship, from tuition waivers to how to apply!
Apply Now for Leverage Edu Scholarship Worth Rs 5,00,00,000!
About the scholarship
The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships is for international students who wish to study in Germany. The scholarship focuses on academic excellence as well as personality development and is committed to socio-political goals. The scholarship is applicable for all subjects. It is offered by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), a Not-for-Profit foundation funded by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its headquarters are in Berlin and Bonn. It was founded back in 1925 and named after Germany’s first democratically elected President, Friedrich Ebert. Here are some essential details for the scholarships-
- €650 per month (basic) or €1,000 (INR 55,000 to 1,00,000) per month for the graduate scholarship programme.
- €276 (INR 24,000) family allowance, if applicable.
- Total refund for health care costs.
- Any kind of income exceeding €400 shall be credited against the scholarship.
Also Read: Best Scholarships to Study in Germany
Who is the host institution(s) for the scholarship?
All popular German universities and technical colleges host Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships for students across the world, giving them an opportunity to bring out their best!
Field of study
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships are provided for Bachelor, Master and PhD courses. The field of study can be any subject. However, there are certain exceptions for the subjects. These are as follows:
- Pure study abroad programs outside the EU
- Medical courses up to the Physikum
- Doctorates and advanced and advanced training courses in the field of medicine
- Second degree courses (this only applies to the ‘Basic Funding for Germans and Bildungsinländerinnen’ program)
- Part-time courses
- Two- Semester Master’s courses
- Degree / PhD completion phases.
Must Read: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarship is for students from public, state recognized universities and polytechnic colleges.
- All academic subjects and postgraduate programmes are eligible.
- International and Non-German students can also apply for the course. However, they should study in German at the time of application.
- Foreign applicants may provide sufficient German language skills and appear for TestDaf.
- First year students may apply before or at the beginning of their semester. Two experts from teachers are mandatory.
- For PhD students, relevant Bachelor degree and Master degree documents are mandatory.
Expectations from the scholarship holders
- Holders should take active participation in extracurricular seminars and activities on the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung campus on a regular basis.
- To achieve above average scores in the degree courses.
- To continue and intensify their socio-political commitment.
At the end of each term, a report has to be submitted to the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung members regarding the overall performance of the scholarship holder regarding his/her academic performance and engagement in other activities conducted.
Must Read: German Chancellor Scholarship
When to apply?
Here is a breakdown of when students should apply for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarships
- First year students: Before or at the beginning of their first semester
- Masters students: Before or at the beginning of their first semester in the master’s program.
- Bachelor’s or Diploma or Magister students plus students applying for state examination: After 1st semester later upto 3 semesters.
- Medical students: After 4th semester until the 6th semester.
- Promotion for doctorates for Germans and Foreign with or without education and refugees are for PhD students and the scholarship is open throughout the year.
- Fill the online application form, with all the requisites asked for. No further documents are required.
- After getting confirmation from the institution, you will be asked to upload a few documents including recommendation from 2 experts, about the previous training and socio-political knowledge.
- After getting shortlisted, there comes the personal interview round. The interview is conducted in 2 sessions. One with professors and the other with members of the selection committee.
- The commission then makes the final decision regarding admission.
Explore: DAAD Scholarship
Qualities one should possess to win
- Above-average performance at school level.
- Engagement in a socio-political environment.
- Identification with the values of social democracy.
- Personality traits desired include political thinking, thirst for knowledge, tolerance and openness, team orientation, critical ability and self reflection.
The 2022–2023 Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation Scholarship has full funding. For both undergraduate and graduate study in Germany, this grant is available. This scholarship will pay for a monthly basic salary of up to 850 euros, health insurance costs, and, if necessary, family and child allowances.
Also Read: Heinrich Boll Scholarship
We hope we were able to provide you with all the information about the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships. Bring out the political leader inside you and just go for it. If you want help with finding the right scholarships for studying abroad then get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and kickstart your amazing journey to success!