The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) is one of the world’s leading professional organisations. It is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution that works closely with the government, industry and academia to engineer a better and advanced world. IET aims to inspire, influence and inform the global engineering community. Under its initiative, IET has created the IET India Scholarship Award which aims to recognise and nurture the future engineering leaders of India. Read this blog to find out more about the IET India Scholarship Award and how you can apply for it!
About the IET India Scholarship Award
IET launched the initiative of IET India Scholarship Award in the year 2013 as a means to encourage students to enter the engineering and technology field and show their support and commitment to India’s engineering community. It also aims to reward students for their creativity and innovation in the field of engineering and technology. This year, IET is conducting its 5th Edition of IET India Scholarship Award with a combined prize of Rs.500,000 in a digital format to coincide with their 150th anniversary. The scholarship is open to all students belonging to AICTE, UGC approved and National institutes.
It is advised and led by a highly empowered and respected advisory board. It includes academicians and corporate professionals of national repute who help build a strong framework for IET India Scholarship Awards.
Also Read: UGC Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for IET India Scholarship Award 2021
There are certain criteria that the students must be aware of before they can apply for the IET India Scholarship Award. These general eligibility criteria include :
- Students studying in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of a full-time regular undergraduate engineering programme (in any field) approved by AICTE/UGC.
- The applicant must have cleared all regular credit courses in a single attempt.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60 percent marks in UG or at least 6.5 CGPA in all previous semesters.
- The student must have secured at least 60 percent marks or similar grades in class 12 or equivalent board.
- There are no age limit criteria to apply for the IET India Scholarship Awards.
- The scholarship is open to all IET members and non-members.
- All branches of engineering recognized by UGC or AICTE are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who participated in the previous year’s scholarships are also eligible to apply subject to the term that they were not National level winners or Runner ups.
- B.Tech students joined by the lateral entry in the second year are eligible to apply.
- Two separate categories under the scholarship scheme are:
- General category
- Women category
- It is important to note that women engineering students can apply for both the above categories, i.e, General and Women Category. However, if the candidate gets selected in both categories, she will only be awarded for any one of the categories, and it is subject to the decision of the IET Jury Panel.
- The students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship by August 15th, 2021
Also Read: Best Engineering Colleges in the World and India
Application Process for IET India Scholarship Award 2021
After the student fulfils the eligibility criteria, they may go ahead with the application process. The eligible students can apply for the IET India Scholarship Award through the IET scholarship portal. Given below are the steps to apply for this scholarship :
- Visit the official website.
- Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Register Now’ button.
- The candidate should fill in all required details in the registration form and submit.
- After successful registration, the candidate can login using registered email id and password.
- Furthermore, the candidates are required to continue to fill in details like personal details, academic information, professional activities and co-curricular activities in the scholarship application.
- After carefully checking the filled application, the candidates can submit the application.
- It is important to note that the candidates need not attach any documents at the time of submitting the application.
Also Read: Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
There are in total 4 stages for the selection Process of IET India Scholarship Award 2021, which are :
- Online Application
- Online Test
- Regional Level Assessment
- National Finals
Initial shortlisting will be done based on applications submitted by the candidates. It is important to note that only students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for IET India Scholarship Award 2021.
The weightage given to each section of the application is as follows-
- Academics – 60%
- Extra and Co-Curricular activities – 20%
- Outreach – 10% (Activities other than institutional activities like; coordinating or organising industrial visits, organising lectures/seminars etc.)
- Professional – 10% (Membership in professional bodies, coordinating activities of the professional bodies, office bearer of any professional body/student chapter, contributing to professional bodies through papers presentations etc.)
Also Read: AICTE Scholarships
Students qualifying the first level of the selection process will be required to appear for an online test to assess their knowledge in subjects like Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electronics, and Electrical. The candidates must answer around 50 objective-type questions, based on which the cut-off will be prepared and the candidates will be shortlisted for the next level of selection.
Regional Level Assessment
After qualifying the online test of IET India Scholarship Award, the candidates must give a presentation to the jury members on a topic assigned to them. The topic has current relevance and will be focused on solving a current societal challenge in that region. The topic is communicated to the contestants at least 10 days in advance to enable them to prepare. This level of assessment will be conducted across 4 regions namely :
- East + North East
Also Read: Scholarship for Engineering Students
The National Finals
The National Finals of IET India Scholarship Awards 2021 will be held tentatively in October 2021. The students qualifying the regional round will appear for the national finals in which they will be required to make a presentation on the vision and solution, as they see it, for an engineering problem that is relevant to society. It may also include a group discussion and the topic of the group discussion will be given by the jury on the day of the national finals. Based on these, the final selection will be made.
IET India Scholarship Award 2021 Rewards
The scholarship amount offered to students under the IET India Scholarship Awards varies based on their performance in the selection process. The students qualifying the regional rounds of selection will receive the following benefits:
- Regional Round Winner: Rs.50,000 + Certificate
- Runner Up: Rs. 25,000 + Certificate
Furthermore, the candidates qualifying for the national finals of the IET India Scholarship Award 2021 will receive:
- Winner: Rs.1,20,000 + Certificate
- 1st Runner Up: Rs.80,000 + Certificate
- 2nd Runner Up: Rs.60,000 + Certificate
Also Read: Engineering Scholarships to Study in India & Abroad
It is important to note that if a student wins the scholarship both at the Regional and National levels. They will be awarded Certificates for both the levels and the prize money for the national level only. This was all about the IET India Scholarship Award 2021. We have covered all the necessary information regarding the scholarship. For more such informative content, follow Leverage Edu today!