Farmingdale State College is a public college in East Farmingdale, New York. It is also known as SUNY Farmingdale. The college is a part of New York State University, founded in 1912 as the New York State School Of Agriculture on Long Island as a school of applied agriculture. “Let Each Become All One Is Capable of Being” is the Motto of Farmingdale State College. The college has 9,970 students enrolled including 9,916 undergraduates and 54 postgraduates.
There are more than 30 buildings on the 380-acre property. Farmingdale State College is mostly a commuter institution with some on-campus housing. Farmingdale boasts a federally sponsored Green Building Institute, an electric-fuel-powered campus fleet, a charging station, and a Smart Energy House, and its Solar Energy Center is the first in the Northeast and the fourth in the US to be accredited. The Campus Center has an energy-efficient roof structure as well.
Farmingdale State College Rankings
The college is ranked #15 in Regional Colleges North. Other rankings of the University are:
- #8 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #5 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #9 in Best Value Schools
- #30 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #11 in Top Public Schools
- #183 in Nursing
Some of the research centres at Farmingdale State College are given below:
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Center
- Solar Energy Center
- Applied Mathematics Centre
- Social Science Research Institute
- Protect New York
- Infrastructure, Transportation and Security Center
Farmingdale State College offers more than 45 academic programs under the authority of one of four schools:
- School of Engineering Technology
- School of Business
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Arts & Sciences
The table below shows the application deadline at Farmingdale State College during the spring and fall semesters respectively.
On-campus housing and lodging are available at Farmingdale State College. The housing halls are close to the campus’s academic and administrative departments.
Students applying directly from high school must have a B/ B+ average to be considered for admission. Students who have attended college after high school must have a 2.5 GPA to be considered for admission.
SUNY Admissions at Farmingdale State College is competitive, with a 60% acceptance rate. Half of the Farmingdale State SUNY candidates had an SAT score of 990 to 1150 or an ACT score of 19 to 24.
However, one-fourth of approved applicants received scores that were higher than these ranges, while the other quarter received scores that were lower. The deadline for applications is May 1st, and the application price for Farmingdale State College—SUNY is $50.
- Official High School Transcript or GED
- Official SAT OR ACT scores should be submitted directly (optional).
- Official transcripts from all previous universities attended
- Transfer applicants must submit an official high school transcript with the graduation date for the Undergraduate program
- Applicants who have earned less than 24 credits are required to submit SAT or ACT scores
- Supplemental application
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Farmingdale College Foundation grants scholarships to incoming freshmen and transfer students. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic excellence, donor preferences, and academic majors.
Scholarships are awarded to meritorious students on an annual basis to cover qualified educational expenses such as tuition, fees, and accommodation. Ineligible are those who get full scholarship/grant support for room, board, and tuition. Does the College offer a variety of scholarships, including
- Farmingdale College Foundation Scholarships
- Urban Horticulture Scholarships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Honours Program Scholarships
- The DREAM.US Scholarship
Send money abroad quick and easy
Farmingdale State College Notable Alumni
- Fernando Caldeira
- Michael DenDekker
- Sal DeVito
- DJ Richie Rich
- William Fichtner
- Roy Gussow
- Ryan LaFlare
- John Romita Jr.
- William N. Valavanis
- Clyde Vanel
- Len Wein
- Fred Hembeck
Well, we hope that this blog makes it pretty clear why you should choose to study at Farmingdale State College! So what are you waiting for? Contact our Leverage Edu experts providing end-to-end guidance from application to visa process and let’s kick start your career.