The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers, offering world-class medical education, research, and patient care. Located in Milwaukee, MCW has been at the forefront of medical education and research since 1893. With a commitment to excellence and leadership in the field of medicine, MCW is dedicated to providing an exceptional education and training experience for its students and faculty. With more than 200 residency and fellowship programs, MCW offers a wide range of medical specialties and subspecialties, from primary care to subspecialty care. The Medical College of Wisconsin is also a leader in research, with a focus on improving patient care and advancing medical knowledge. MCW is home to some of the nation’s top medical researchers, and its faculty are widely published in leading medical journals.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is a private medical school and graduate science college located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 1893, the college is the largest research centre in eastern Wisconsin. It is the only private medical school in Wisconsin and one of only two medical schools in Wisconsin, along with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health at Madison. MCW houses the Centre for Infectious Disease Research (CIDR), which has a BSL3 laboratory.
|Student Retention Rate||69%|
|Annual cost||49,949 USD|
Why Choose Medical College of Wisconsin?
- MCW is accredited by the Higher Education Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC) and by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- The Medical College of Wisconsin has more than 1,200 students enrolled in educational programs. This consists of around 817 medical students and 400 doctoral students.
- Another 670 resident physicians and 180 fellow trainees work with college-affiliated hospitals across the state. Around 160 scientists work as postdocs at MCW.
- With the goal of educating the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and healthcare professionals, the Medical College of Wisconsin offers graduate programs through its School of Medicine, Graduate School, and School of Pharmacy.
Medical College of Wisconsin Rankings
- It is placed overall in Global Ranking at #607.
- It is at #376 in Global Ranking for Biochemistry.
- It is at #376 in Global Ranking for Biology.
- It is at #209 in Global Ranking for Medicine.
- It is at #209 in Global Ranking for Clinical Science.
- The college is at #351-360 in QS WUR Ranking By Subject.
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
Campus and Accommodation at Medical College of Wisconsin
Located in the vibrant metropolitan Milwaukee area on the shores of Lake Michigan, MCW’s main campus offer everything you’d expect from an urban centre, with friendly people and a variety of year-round activities to keep you busy when not studying. It has two campuses, one in Green Bay. It is home to a diverse population fortunate enough to live year-round in one of the finest vacation spots in the Midwest, including popular Door County. You can enjoy miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, participate in a variety of arts and entertainment, and explore limitless recreational activities. The other campus is in Wausau. In July 2016, MCW Central Wisconsin enrolled its first class of medical students at our newest campus in beautiful central Wisconsin, partnering with the best academic and medical institutions in the area. Some of the popular apartment complexes are – Wilshire Manor, The Overlook, The Enclave, The Reserve at Wauwatosa Village, Echelon, State Street Station, The Reef, and Bluemound Village Apartments, etc.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
Courses Offered at Medical College of Wisconsin
MCW offers M.D., Pharm.D., PhD, M.S., M.P.H., M.A., and combination degrees. Through the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP), students may have a combined M.D. or PhD program. Residency training is offered in nearly 30 medical specialities and subspecialties.
The courses offered at the college are –
- Biomedical Studies
- Health Care
- Natural Sciences
- Environmental Studies
Joint degree programs with other institutions are granted in –
- Bioinformatics (MS)
- Healthcare Technologies Management (MS) with Marquette University.
- Medical Informatics (MS) with the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
- Bioethics Certificate with the American Medical Association.
Graduate Certificate programs are offered in –
- Clinical Bioethics
- Public Health
- Research Ethics
For information and help related to the application process, contact the experts at Leverage Edu on 1800572000.
Admission Process at Medical College of Wisconsin
Although it is recommended that you meet all prerequisites before pursuing the MCAT, meeting the prerequisites is not a requirement to review an application, be interviewed, or receive an offer of admission. Fulfilment of all requirements is a prerequisite for enrollment and must be fulfilled by June 1 of the year of enrollment.
Admission Requirements for Medical College of Wisconsin
- The university offers opportunities for students with great potential, determination, knowledge and the will to do something good for society regardless of the nation.
- At least 5% of the students enrolled in this university are international students from all over the world.
- MCW accepts international students with excellent academic performance and good test results (TOEFL or IELTS or MCAT).
- It offers graduate programs in a variety of disciplines, and students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 can apply to any of the graduate programs.
- MCAT (Medical School Admission Test) with a minimum score of 500 is required for all students to enter the college.
English Language Proficiency
The application deadlines for submitting an application for Master and Graduate Certificate Programs are –
The documents required for Medical College of Wisconsin are as follows –
- Test scores of MCAT, CASPer, TOEFL, IELTS
- Essay and Resume
- Personal Statement
- Bank Statements
- Copy of Passport
Our Leverage Edu experts will do everything possible to help you get a student visa as well.
Medical College of Wisconsin Fees and Other Costs
|Tuition||54,050 USD (42.22 Lakhs INR)|
|Rent or Utilities||9,000 USD (7.03 Lakhs INR)|
|Food||3,000 USD (2.34 Lakhs INR)|
|Books Equipment and Supplies||120 USD (93,700 INR)|
|Transportation||2,520 USD (1.96 Lakhs INR)|
|Clothing||2,400 USD (1.87 Lakhs INR)|
|National Boards or Clinical Skills Exam||1,895 USD (1.48 Lakhs INR)|
|Student Fee||562 USD (43,900 INR)|
|Life and Disability Insurance||66 USD (5,155 INR)|
Financial Aid at Medical College of Wisconsin
- Merit-Based Scholarships
MCW has a very small number of merit-based scholarships to help to qualify medical school and/or pharmacy students. All students who are offered admission are eligible for merit-based scholarships if they meet the criteria for a specific scholarship.
- Need-Based Grants
Students who are eligible to participate in the Federal Financial Assistance Program can apply for need-based grants through the Student Support Office.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
We trust that this blog makes it pretty clear why you should study at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Contact our Leverage Edu specialists for start-to-finish directions be it application, visa cycle or accommodation. Call us at 1800 572 000 for a free 30-minute consultation.