The Lester B Pearson Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships available to Canadian students. Named after the former Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B Pearson, this scholarship is awarded to those who excel in academics, athletics, and leadership. Each year, thousands of students apply for this competitive scholarship and the successful applicants are rewarded with an impressive $10,000 in tuition assistance. The scholarship also provides recipients with access to exclusive networking opportunities, mentorship opportunities, and a connection to a network of other Pearson Scholars. The Lester B Pearson Scholarship is an incredible opportunity for Canadian students to gain recognition for their hard work and dedication to their studies.
Are you looking for financial aid to pursue your higher education in Canada? Then, let us introduce you to the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship. This scholarship program at the University of Toronto is designed to recognize international students who excel academically and creatively, as well as those who have been in leadership roles at school or college. A special emphasis is placed on the student’s impact on the life of their school and community, as well as their future potential to positively contribute to the global community. Let’s know more about Lester B Pearson Scholarship in this blog.
|Type of Scholarship||Merit-Based / College-Specific|
|Offered by||University of Toronto|
|Application Deadline (2022)||January 16, 2023|
|No. of Scholarships each year||37 candidates|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
|Eligible Candidates||International students|
|Scholarship Award||Tuition fees|
What is the Lester B Pearson Scholarship?
The University of Toronto provides the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship Program to international students in honour of their academic excellence, accomplishments, and innovation. The scholarship is given to prospective University of Toronto undergraduate students.
- The institution chooses 37 Lester B Pearson International Scholars each year
- The prize recipients are notified by the end of April every year
- Only the University of Toronto UG programmes students are eligible for the scholarship program.
- Only schools can nominate students for scholarships. Each school is only allowed to propose one kid each year.
- Academic scores, references, and a statement of purpose (SOP) are evaluated by all the nominated students.
- Applicants who demonstrate leadership skills at their school are given preference.
Note: Lester B Pearson International Scholarship Program is one of the most renowned and competitive scholarships offered by the University of Toronto to international students. It will cover the cost of studying and living in Canada, as well as additional costs such as books, incidental fees, and other charges.
The table below lists the essential deadlines by which each stage of the application process must be completed:
|Nomination by School||November 30, 2022|
|Admission application||December 14, 2022|
|Submission of scholarship application||January 16, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Lester B Pearson Scholarship
The Lester B Pearson Scholarship Program is only available to students who are applying to UG programmes at the University of Toronto. To apply for this scholarship, the candidate:
- Must be an international student (i.e., a non-Canadian) who’s studying in Canada on a student visa;
- Must demonstrate a certain amount of originality of thinking and creativity;
- Must have academic success and involvement in creative endeavours;
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn new things and acquire new talents;
- Must possess leadership characteristics;
- Must be in your last year of high school OR you must be in your senior year of high school at the time of application;
- Must have completed their education before June 2022.
Note: If a student is already enrolled in post-secondary studies or will begin studies at another post-secondary school in January before the start of studies at U of T, they will not be eligible for the scholarship.
Students who meet the criteria for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship Program must undertake the application process. To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates must complete the processes outlined below:
- Nomination: Have your school nominate you for the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto.
- Admission Application Form: To begin studying at UToronto in the year 2022, submit an application for admission. Only applications that are submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Completion of the Admission Process: After completing an application for admission to the University of Toronto and obtaining a scholarship nomination, you must complete the scholarship application.
Below is a list of the essential document required to apply to the Lester B Pearson Scholarship:
- All official education transcripts of the past
- Letters of recommendation
- Updated Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- A sample of written work
- GRE scores
This scholarship is granted to 37 new students in the University of Toronto UG programmes. The following requirements are used to select beneficiaries:
- Application for a scholarship
- Nomination for high school
- Criteria for qualifying must be met.
Want to Study Abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you.
Note: If students apply to more than one programme and are accepted to all of them, the scholarship will only apply to the first programme chosen, not the others.
|Eligible Candidates||International students across the world|
|Number of Scholarships||37|
|Scholarship Award||Tuition fees|
This scholarship is named after Lester B. Pearson, the father of contemporary peacekeeping. He was one of Canada’s finest prime ministers and the only Canadian to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
This is everything you need to know about the Lester B Pearson Scholarship for international students that could help you finance your dream of studying at the University of Toronto. Contact our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 to know about upcoming intakes in Canada and save your spot at the best-fit university abroad.