Hofstra University is a private university in Hampstead, New York. It is one of the highly ranked nationally and internationally recognized universities of the country. It has approximately 10,444 students, including 6% of international students from all over the world. Currently, Hofstra University offers a wide range of Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral programs in the field of Arts and others. It is 100% suitable to study courses for persons with disabilities in this university. The Hofstra University MBA program is well known. A lot of students get enrolled in the MBA course. Leverage Edu brings you a blog with detailed information about pursuing an MBA course from Hofstra University.
|Intake||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Estimated UG Student Cost||66,338 USD|
Why choose Hofstra University?
Hofstra University is known for a series of famous presidential conferences and several presidential debates in the United Kingdom, America. Why students should choose this university for their courses, it is explained below through some points –
- Hofstra University offers its students the flexibility to choose from over 160 bachelor’s programs, over 170 master’s programs, and 20 dual degree programs.
- Financial aid is provided to more than 97% of first-year students at Hofstra University. The average prize received by the Classes of 2022 is USD 33,055 (₹24.79 Lakh).
- The Career and Placement Centre has secured more than 93% placements in the last few years.
- The university is ranked in the top 8% of universities and top 9% of private universities for mid-career salaries. More than 93% of students who graduate from Hofstra University are either employed or pursuing a master’s within a year. The average salary of Hofstra alumni who have completed their post graduation is USD 58,000 (₹43.50 lakh) per year.
Ranking of Hofstra University
|National University Rankings according to US News||#162|
|Best Colleges for Veterans ranking according to US News||#152|
|The Higher Education World University Rankings (Global Rankings)||#301|
|The Higher Education World University Rankings (USA)||#56|
|Global Ranking as per the QS World University Rankings||#251|
|USA as per QS World University Rankings||#44|
Hofstra University MBA Course Overview
- The MBA program prepares students for managerial positions in different types of organisations.
- The program builds on core business competencies and functional specialisation to provide decision analysis skills and a strategic perspective on business problems.
- The Business Core Competency courses develop skills in quantitative methods and analysis, and this coverage extends to several core courses in the various business disciplines.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Hofstra University MBA Course Details
Check out some important details about the MBA course below:
Duration & Evaluation
The MBA degree is of 16 months and requires 36 semester hours in all majors, with the exception of Professional Accounting, which requires 69 semester hours. The MBA program is of the following requirements –
- Core Competencies
- The Major Concentration
- Capstone Integrative Course
Subjects included in MBA
There are compulsory and optional, both types of subjects in the MBA course
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Advanced Quantitative Analysis for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Information Systems for Managers
- Compliance, Ethics, and Sustainability
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Leadership Skills for Strategic Advantage
- Marketing Analysis and Management
- MBA 350 – Strategic Decision Making in the Global Business Environment
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
Hofstra University MBA Options
|Master of Business Administration Professional Accounting||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Accounting||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Business Analytics||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Finance||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration International Business||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Marketing||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Flexible MBA||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Taxation||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Sports and Entertainment Management||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Real Estate||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Management||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Health Services Management||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration Information Systems||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
Eligibility at Hofstra University MBA
Below is mentioned the eligibility to study MBA in Hofstra University
Applicants for admission are required to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) administered by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC). Applicants are encouraged to complete the GMAT well in advance of applying to a graduate program.
Indian Students Eligibility
Passed degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution with 50-55% or GCPA 6.0 or more.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
|Exam||Average Score Required|
|Early Action I||November 15|
|Early Action II||December 15|
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs
Entry requirement for Hofstra University MBA
- Complete and submit the application form
- Official transcripts of high school and secondary school certificates or degrees
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency through tests
- Copy of passport
- Financial bank statement
- Affidavit of Support form
- Statement of Purpose
- Any other required documents
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
Fees of Hofstra University MBA
The tuition fee for one year is Rs. 48.4 Lakhs.
Application Process at Hofstra University
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Documents Required at Hofstra University
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at Hofstra University
|Room and Board||19,315|
|International Students Health Insurance||1,107|
|Books and Material||1,200|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at Hofstra University
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Trustee Scholars Program||Full-tuition fee||Yes|
|Provost Scholars||25,500-27,500 USD||Yes|
|Dean’s Scholars||9,500-25,000 USD||Yes|
|Grant Programs||500 USD||Yes|
|Presidential Scholars||29,000-30,500 USD||Yes|
Placements at Hofstra University
The Career Centre at Hofstra University educates and inspires students to design ever-evolving careers. The programs and services offered at the Career Centre give students and alumni access to a variety of opportunities. The services offered at Hofstra University are career counselling, CV and cover letter preparation, interview preparation, internship and study abroad opportunities, and field trips and on-campus recruitment.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at Hofstra University
According to PayScale, the average salary of Hofstra University graduates is Rs. 52.50-56.25 Lakhs.
Recruiting Companies at Hofstra University
- Apple Inc
- Boeing Co
- Touche LLP
- Abbott Laboratories
- LG Electronics
This was about an MBA at Hofstra University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrate abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!