The New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship provides outstanding international undergraduate students the opportunity to pursue their educational dreams at a top university in New Zealand. This scholarship covers tuition fees, living costs, and other expenses associated with studying overseas. This scholarship is designed to help international students with limited financial means gain access to higher education and build their future. With the help of this scholarship, students can experience a truly global education and make a positive impact on their lives by gaining the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in today’s competitive job market.
The New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarships represents the determination of the Government of New Zealand to deepen the educational alliances of New Zealand with participating nations and regions. The school system in New Zealand provides students with the expertise and skills to achieve outcomes equal to the best in the country. The scholarship scheme is about sharing this quality with the rest of the world and sharing their experience with New Zealand by taking the brightest from abroad. This blog discusses in detail the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship.
Also Read: Scholarships in New Zealand
Features of the Scholarship
Mentioned below are the various features of the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship.
- An acronym for the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship is NZIUFS, this grant offers qualifying foreign students with financial aid in the form of full-time tuition payments, i.e. up to 360 marks, for a period of 6 semesters only.
- The fellowships are awarded on the grounds of scholarly merit. Students completing undergraduate studies in New Zealand are awarded up to 28 scholarships a year.
- These scholarships can only be used by residents of targeted countries, such as Asia and Latin America.
- Learners are encouraged to submit applications for a scholarship to the preferred organisation in their country of nationality.
- The closing period is determined by the home country for this first point.
- The department then suggests Education New Zealand (ENZ) applicants who make the final selection after this. Nominations are due each year at ENZ in late April.
Must Read: New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
Disciplines excluded from the Scholarship
The New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarships restrict the following disciplines:
- Dental surgery
- Veterinary Skill
Ministry of Education of New Zealand, shall decide the amount of scholarships available each year and shall review the terms and conditions of the awards from time to time
Must Read: New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2021
The eligibility criteria for the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarships includes a set of steps which candidates need to qualify. They are mentioned below for your reference.
- Be a respective passport holder or naturalized citizens.
- ASEAN-ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam), Asia Asia (China, Korea, Japan, India, Taiwan), Hispanic America (Brazil, Chile, Mexico)
- Meet the academic standards for an undergraduate degree programme at a university in New Zealand.
- Data on institutions in New Zealand is included on the student website for Education New Zealand, www.newzealandeducated.com. The online course search facility can be used by applicants to help them decide which organisation is right for them.
- The findings allow users to view detailed information about living and learning in New Zealand, institutional profiles, their individual addresses on the website and detailed information about the course.
- At the time of application, they should have finished their final two (2) years of high school and a minimum of one year of tertiary education in their home country.
- Candidates should be under the age of 30 as at the closing date of the application (candidates birth dates must be on or after 20 October, 1976, anyone born before this date may not apply)
- Include a completed Application for Entry form along with the required supporting materials for their chosen New Zealand university.
- Be in the top 10% or at a ‘Excellent’ standard in their country’s final secondary qualification and first year of university.
- Keep one of the following scores for the English language exam, obtained no more than two (2) years previous to the submission date.
- In any condition, applicants who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence can not qualify.
Explore: New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA)
The New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship is available to all of the following institutions (in alphabetical order):
- University of AUT
- University of Lincoln
- University of Massey
- Auckland University
- Canterbury University
- Otago University
- Waikato University
- Wellington University of Victoria
How to apply?
The application process for New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship is mentioned below for your reference.
- In the first case, submissions must be made to the appointed Scholarship Provider in the country in which the applicant is permanently domiciled. Contact information at http:/www.newzealandeducated.com/scholarships for agencies are available online. There should not be any applications sent explicitly to Education New Zealand.
- Information about the universities of New Zealand is available on the student website of Education New Zealand, http:/www.newzealandeducated.com. The online search facility will be used by applicants to help them decide which organisation is right for them. The findings would allow them to access comprehensive information on New Zealand living and learning, institutional profiles and their individual addresses on the website.
Must Read: 100 Interesting Facts About New Zealand
The following important details about the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarships should be kept in mind:
- The scholarship shall expire if the person to whom the grant has been made fails to be admitted into his full-time undergraduate programme by 1 August of the year following application.
- Applicants who wish to pursue part-time studies are unavailable. Students who are currently geographically situated in New Zealand are not qualified to apply.
- The scholarship is conditional upon joining and enrolling at a New Zealand university in an undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship offer does not guarantee acceptance. It is the duty of the scholarship holders to obtain an appropriate entry visa to New Zealand and any costs associated with the visa, including medical review. The scholarship offer does not promise that a visa of this type would be issued.
- Without written approval from their host institution and Education New Zealand, scholarship holders cannot change their degree programme within the tenure of the scholarship.
- Scholarship winners do not possess any scholarships funded by the Government of New Zealand concurrently.
Join us on September 9, 2022 at our Virtual UniConnect Fair. Register Here
This was all about the New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarships. For more admission related assistance speak to our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!