Nursing at Abertay University is a highly respected and sought-after course. It is a unique and challenging program that provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become excellent nurses. The course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of nursing, including the medical, psychological, and ethical aspects of the profession. The course also provides students with the opportunity to develop their personal and professional skills, as well as their ability to work with diverse populations. The faculty and staff at Abertay University are highly experienced and knowledgeable and provide a supportive environment for their students. With a commitment to excellence, Abertay University provides its students with the best possible education and experience in the field of nursing.
Abertay University is a Scottish public university that was founded in 1888 and accredited in 1994. It is situated in Dundee. The Abertay University includes the old college, Kydd Building, Student Center, Hannah Maclure centre, and a Library. The university has established a worldwide reputation for its other selection of courses, which includes 115 unique programmes at the undergraduate and graduate levels. It is one of the finest UK universities for overseas students in the subject of environmental science research. Abertay University offers a wide range of degrees, from bachelor’s to master’s to doctorate. We’ve covered all you need to know about getting a nursing course at Abertay University in this blog.
|Year of Establishment||1888|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships||Available|
University of Brighton Rankings
- The University outperformed Cambridge University and Oxford University in student satisfaction.
- It ranks #104 in the UK and #1768 in the world.
- The institute is considered the best for its undergraduate computer games degree.
- It flaunts its rank among the top 10 for its postgraduate computer games courses (according to a Princeton review).
- The civil engineering course of the University ranks #6.
Nursing Course at the Abertay University
The only undergraduate nursing degree in Scotland with a sole emphasis on mental health. This course has a significant emphasis on providing person-centred, research-informed care, with recovery as its driving premise. This three-year degree in mental health nursing will provide you with a stimulating and modern study programme that has been specifically designed to give you the knowledge, abilities, and experience you need to work as a mental health nurse. The first undergraduate nursing programme in Scotland with a specific focus on mental health is offered by Abertay. One in four people in the UK is said to encounter a common mental health problem each year, and public concern about mental health is on the rise. With an emphasis on research and critical thinking, we apply person-centred principles to teaching and learning. The Nursing and Midwifery Council has authorised the programme, and its completion qualifies students for professional registration in the UK. We help you build on your strengths. A variety of practical and applicable leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, and clinical skills will be taught to you. Based on clinical expertise, pertinent research, and knowledge, the academic staff offers the best opportunities for teaching and learning.
At Abertay University, eligibility varies from course to course. The following are the essential requirements for pursuing a nursing Course at Abertay University.
- “A-levels or BTEC”
- Entry requirements are in the range of A-level BBB–BCC (120–104 UCAS Tariff points), or BTEC Extended Diploma DMM–MMM.
- “International Baccalaureate”
- 26 points, with three subjects at a Higher level.
- “Access to HE Diploma”
- Pass with 60 credits overall. Level 3 units in computing are required. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 24 credits at merit or above.
- Accomplished application form
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Transcript of records
- Standardized test results (GRE or GMAT)
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample (as needed)
English Language Proficiency
To categorize students, the TOEFL iBT speaking score and/or the IELTS Academic speaking score are stated.
The application process is straightforward, it may differ depending on the subject.
- Candidates must first fill out an online application and pay a cost of 20 GBP (1,909 INR)
- After that, you must upload documents such as university transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and GRE test scores to support your candidacy.
- International students whose first language is not English may be required to take a test such as the TOEFL or IELTS to establish their language skills.
- HGSE will invite selected applicants to take part in a mandatory online interview with admissions committee members.
Abertay University Nursing Course Fees
|Application Fees||One Time||20 GBP1,910 INR|
|First Two Years Of Study||Per Academic Year||$18,200 (₹14.2 L)|
|Third And Fourth Years||Per Academic Year||$18,200 (₹14.2 L)|
|Estimated Living Expense||Per Annum||300 – 400 GBP per month|
Graduate Scholarships at Abertay University
Abertay University has introduced scholarships for international students for those students who are enrolled in any undergraduate or postgraduate program.
|Abertay international scholarship||GBP 12,000. (GBP 3,000 per annum for four years)|
|International Postgraduate Abertay Scholarship||GBP 3,000.|
Ace your IELTS test with Leverage Live!
Abertay is ranked as the best university in Scotland for its environmental research. Over 60 nationalities are in the student community. If you want to get enrolled on a nursing course, Abertay is one of the best universities. Also, if you need study abroad assistance, call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000!