The UK is an excellent destination for international students seeking part-time jobs. With a wide range of job opportunities, both on- and off-campus, the UK is a great place to gain valuable work experience while studying. From retail and hospitality to customer service and marketing, the UK offers a variety of part-time jobs that can help international students gain valuable work experience while earning money to help pay for their studies. Additionally, international students benefit from the UK’s flexible immigration rules, which make it easier for them to gain part-time jobs in the country.
Most international students look for part-time jobs when studying in any country. The reasons are to support themselves financially, gain experience, or simply for passing their time. Through these part-time jobs, students can reduce their student loans and gain several skills. If you are planning to study in UK, which has one of the best education systems in the world and would also like to look at the UK international student part time jobs, this blog is just for you. Here, we discuss everything related to part-time jobs in UK for international students.
Must Read: Job Opportunities in New Zealand
Rules for Part-Time Jobs in UK
While a UK student visa allows international students to take up part-time jobs in the UK for international students, there are certain rules and regulations that you must follow. They are mentioned below.
- For a full-time degree program, you cannot work more than 20 hours a week, i.e. at most 4 hours a day with weekends off.
- You cannot work more than 10 hours a week during a course term for the language
- If session breaks, you can take a job for 40 hours a week, i.e. 8 hours a day with weekends off.
- You cannot do freelance or contract work.
- You cannot join any company as a full-time employee without a post-study work visa.
Most importantly, you should be able to maintain a work-study balance. Your work should not hamper your educational performance.
Type of Part-Time Jobs
If you want to find out about part-time jobs in UK for international students, then we must tell you about the type of part-time jobs. There are two ways international students can get part-time jobs in UK. They are on-campus jobs and off-campus jobs. More details about the same are mentioned below.
One kind of part-time jobs in UK for international students is on-campus jobs. As the name suggests, on-campus jobs are available inside the university campus. These are perfect for students as they can apply in different departments within their proximity. On-campus jobs are available in the library, computer labs, receptions, gyms, cafeteria, etc. Since on-campus jobs are limited, many students are unable to get them.
The second option for part-time jobs in UK for international students is off-campus jobs. Off-campus jobs are relatively easy but not always in proximity. These jobs include office boy, receptionist, waiter/ waitress, call centre maintenance, data entry, etc. Students need to take permission for off-campus part-time jobs from their universities.
Part-time Jobs in UK
There are several part-time jobs in UK for international students avaialble for international students in UK. In order to get a part-time job in UK, you must prepare a detailed CV with your educational qualifications, skills and experiences that will help you get a job easily. You can find part-time jobs from five sources:
- Part-time job openings in local newspapers– Local newspapers mention part-time jobs in your vicinity, and you can apply for them.
- Search for jobs online– You can search for job applications online to search for different jobs available for students in the UK. Several jobs are specifically focused on your course, location, or requirements. There are several jobs from home jobs as well.
- Take help from the recruitment team of your University– Your university has a dedicated recruitment team that not only connects with companies for full-time jobs but also part-time jobs and internships. You can easily contact them to get jobs.
- Use your sources– Several day scholars will already have a part-time job like receptionist, waiter, etc. You can contact your friends if they have an opening in their company.
- Support from Mentors- Leverage Edu has a dedicated team of 2000+ mentors around the world. These mentors are alumni of the top universities in different countries. Many of our mentors are established professionals with degrees from the London School of Business. Oxford University, etc. They help you with getting a part-time job in or near your university without any hassle or inconvenience.
How to Find Part Time Jobs in UK
Being a student in UK if you are willing to do anything then it is quite easy for you to get a part-time work in any sector. A student is allowed to work up to 20 hours each week. The areas mostly students work in are bars, restaurants, supermarkets, university unions etc. After getting your national insurance number and a driver’s license you can easily earn $200–300 each month.
Part Time Jobs Salary in UK for International Students
These jobs can help you retrieve the cost of studying in UK. Here is a list of top part time jobs in UK for international students and the per hour charges for them.
|Job||Salary (Per Hour) as per 1 Pound= INR 100.74|
|Retail||INR 805.94- INR 906.68|
|Delivery Boy||INR402.97- INR 604.45 per deliver|
|Cashier||INR 805.94- INR 1007.42 per hour|
|Library Assistant||INR 1007.42- INR 2014.84 per hour|
|Clerk||INR 1208.90 to INR 1410.39|
|Waiters/waitresses||INR 1007.42 to INR 1813.36|
|Customer Service||INR 1007.42|
|HGV Class 1 Driver||INR 1158.53- INR 2488.33|
|Female Care Assistant||INR 1567.55|
|Registered Nurse||INR 2582.02- INR 3116.96|
|Health services||INR 1088.01|
|Housekeeper||INR 898.62- INR 1644.11|
|Children Contact Supervisor||INR 878.47|
Eligibility Criteria for Part Time Jobs in UK for International Students
- Students must be 16 years or above
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time degree programs at the universities
- They must hold a Tier 4 visa to work in the UK
Part-Time Jobs in UK for Students
Students can apply for different part-time jobs in UK for international students. Most of the places have similar pay for students. These jobs are not always niche-focused. You can perform jobs that do not require any hard skills.
How are Part Time Jobs in UK Beneficial for Students?
Part time jobs in UK can be really beneficial for international students for a number of reasons. They not only fulfills your pocket money needs but is also helpful in many other ways such as:
- Financial benefits: Studying in the UK is quite expensive and sure to cut a hole in your pocket. Taking up part-time work while studying will help you cover the cost of living in UK. This includes rent of accommodation, grocery bills, books and some miscellaneous expenses for studying in the UK.
- Upskilling: Part-time jobs will help you develop valuable skills such as time management, commercial awareness, initiative, team spirit, management skills, communication skills, etc. that are demanded by employers.
- Effective allocation of funds: When you start earning money you will also spend wisely knowing that you are responsible for your own money.
- Work experience: If you are working on a job related to your field, you will get valuable experience that will stay for life and help you in working in a diverse environment after graduation.
- Networking opportunities: While looking for part-time jobs you will learn networking, build professional relationships and develop effective job search strategies that will help you in kickstarting a successful career.
Part-Time Online Jobs
There is more scope in part-time jobs in UK for International student. There are many online jobs available too! Having an online part-time job in the UK can be highly beneficial to you, especially when you have a rigorous course. Getting a job online requires only a laptop and a stable internet connection, both of which you will have. There are also several work from home jobs available in UK.
Part Time Work from Home Jobs in UK
Tabulated below are some work from home jobs in UK which are part time. You can have a look here:
|Work from Home Job||Salary per Hour|
|Private Tutor||INR 3525.25 – INR 6043.28|
|Marketing Researcher||INR 2014.43 – INR 30216.39|
|Data Entry||INR 377.70|
|Writer||INR 3021.64- INR 8057.70|
Also Read: Honest Study in UK Reviews
These were some of the top part-time jobs in UK for International Students. If you are planning to study in the UK, we are here for you! Leverage Edu coaches will help you get through the stringent admission process while the mentors will help you get part-time jobs in the UK.