The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship is an incredible opportunity for aspiring students to pursue their academic goals. The scholarship program is unique in that it not only provides financial assistance to college-bound students, but also provides a platform for students to develop their professional skills and network with leading professionals in the field of fraud examination. Since its inception in 2004, the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship has awarded over $1 million in scholarships to almost 700 students. The scholarships are available to all college students who are pursuing a degree related to fraud examination, such as accounting, finance, or criminal justice. Recipients of the scholarship receive a one-time award of up to $10,000, which can be used to cover tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
An important position in organizations, a Certified Fraud Examiner investigates and audits through various sectors. They help in detecting and preventing fraud risk. CFE is among the most crucial role in banking, finances, accounting, and insurance. If you aspire to pursue a career as a CFE, the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship can help you with your journey by providing facilities and grants. Go through the blog for more details about the eligibility and application process for the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
|Organization||Association Of Certified Fraud Examiners Foundation (ACFEF)|
|No. Of Scholarships||N/A|
|Scholarship Main Website|
About the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship is one of the most prestigious and coveted scholarships for aspiring and ambitious Certified Fraud Examiners and this scholarship was named after two esteemed Certified Fraud Examiners Tracy Ritchie and Larry Jennings lost their lives in a terrorist attack in Pakistan in the year 1997.
|Application start date||September 15, 2022|
|Application final end date||February 06, 2023|
|Scholarship Award Recipients Announced||April 20, 2023|
|Scholarship Awards Distributed||May 02, 2023|
Applicants must check the eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship before applying for the program.
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship is applicable in fields such as Accounting Majors, Finance, Business Administration, etc. Both UG and PG students are eligible for the scholarship
- It is applicable in universities in the USA, Singapore, India, etc.
- Two recommendation letters are required and out of those, one should be from a professor or Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Applicants must have a consistently Remarkable Academic Performance in Fraud-related experience, activities, goals, etc.
- Past recipients of the scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Students graduating in 2021 are not eligible to apply unlike students graduating in 2022
- ACFE persons and high school students are not eligible to apply as well.
Candidates must keep the following documents ready before applying for the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
- Two LORs are compulsory to be submitted by the applicant and out of those one should be from either professor or CFE.
- Students are encouraged to be well-versed with CFEs and attain practical knowledge of this field.
- Official Transcripts are required which indicate the course completion and scores of students either at UG or PG level.
- Complete Scholarship Application is to be submitted along with above-mentioned documents
- The scholarship amount varies and that ranges from 1000 USD (INR 82,000) to 10,000 USD (INR 8 Lakhs)
- The scholarship amount does cover up the Tuition fee but other expenses such as Living Expenses, Travel Expenses, Accommodation, Health Insurance are not covered under Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
Hope the blog was insightful and informative for all the aspiring and meritorious Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) and it is pleasurable to see all such scholarships being launched for deserving and diligent students who want to become something in their life. To keep yourself updated about all such scholarship schemes stay tuned to Leverage Edu.