Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships provide an incredible opportunity for students around the world to study abroad and gain an international perspective. This scholarship is highly competitive and provides students with a unique chance to explore a new culture, language and environment. Through this program, students receive full scholarships to study at universities abroad, as well as mentorship, networking and professional development opportunities. In addition to gaining a global experience, Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars also learn essential leadership skills which can help them become more successful in their future endeavors.
Rotary clubs offer the Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship to undergraduate, graduate and qualified professionals wishing to pursue education abroad. The scholarship is open for all the students willing to study abroad except the members and families of Rotary club. Read this blog to know everything about the Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships!
|Name of the Scholarship||Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship|
|Offered by||Rotary International|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate, graduate and qualified professionals|
|Type of Scholarships||Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships
Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships
Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarships
|Apply through||Local Rotary Clubs|
Type of Scholarships
Under the Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships, three separate kinds of scholarships are offered.
- Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships: Under this Scholarship, funding would be given for one year of study in a foreign institution. The allocated fund will cover round-trip transportation, tuition fees, accommodation charges and other required educational supplies worth US$25000 (INR 20,54,637) maximum.
- Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships: Under this Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship, funding would be given for a two or three year long degree oriented course in a foreign University. The fund allocated for this scholarship includes a maximum grant of US$12,000 (INR 9,86,514) against the cost of the degree program.
- Cultural Ambassadorial Scholarships: This Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships is offered for a maximum duration of six months to those candidates who wish to engage in an intensive study of the language and culture of a foreign country. The allocated fund will cover round-trip transportation, language training expenses and homestay living arrangements worth US$12,000 – US$19,000 (INR 9,86,514 – 15,61,749). The applications are accepted for candidates who wish to study Arabic, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Polish Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili and Swedish.
To be eligible for the Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships, the applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- To apply for this scholarship, there must be a Rotary club in your native country.
- Before applying for the scholarship, the candidates must have completed at least two years of professional experience or college level courses on the basis of which the students potential could be measured.
- The candidate cannot be a member or employee of the Rotary Club. Even if you have a close relative who is a part of the Rotary Club in any way, you are ineligible to apply.
- The candidate must apply for this scholarship before beginning their study in a foreign institution and not while pursuing it.
- Also, to apply for Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships and Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships the candidates must be proficient in the language of the country where they wish to study.
Accepted Programs for Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships
Students applying for the following programs are eligible for the scholarship:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
Terms of Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship
Given below are the terms that every Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship applicant must follow:
- The candidate must apply to study in a foreign country where there are Rotary Clubs.
- Applicants can give a list of preferred study locations but the final decision regarding the allocation of the institution lies within the power of the Rotary Foundation Trustees.
- The assigned institution cannot be in a country or territory where they have spent more than six months. And that’s why the candidate must apply for this scholarship before beginning their study in a foreign institution and not while pursuing it.
- The responsibility of applying to an institution, visa and tickets lie with the applicants.
- The Scholarship amount will not be increased under any circumstances. But candidates are allowed to apply for other Scholarships during the time.
- To be eligible for Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships and Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships, you can choose any field of study by it cannot be used for unsupervised research, medical internships or employment.
- To be eligible for Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships and Multi-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships, the candidates must have qualified the language proficiency test of the country where they wish to study.
So, this is all that you needed to know about Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships. If you fulfil all the above-mentioned requirements and wish to study abroad then it’s a good opportunity which shouldn’t be missed. To know about other such Scholarships, keep following us at Leverage Edu.