If you’re looking for a great way to fund your studies in Spain, then you should look into scholarships for Spain. With so many options available, it’s easy to find one that fits your goals and interests. Whether you’re looking for a scholarship to fund your degree, or just need a bit of a financial boost, there are plenty of scholarships available in Spain to help you out. From government-funded awards to private scholarships, there are a variety of options to choose from. With the right research and dedication, you can find the perfect scholarship to fund your studies in Spain.
Known for its laid-back culture and rich heritage, Spain tops the list of best countries to study abroad. Spain provides an excellent opportunity for students to receive a high-quality education from some of the best universities and education institutions. That combined with its affordable cost of living also makes it an ideal location for international students to pursue their further studies. While the cost of living may vary anywhere between €700 – €1100 (INR 57K- 90K), the cost of studying in Spain may range between €750 – €3500 (INR 61K- 2.83 lacs), depending on the chosen program and university. Spain also provides several scholarships to encourage international students to pursue their higher studies there. Read this blog to find out the top scholarships for Spain.
List of Scholarships for Spain
Here is a list of top and highly renowned scholarships for Spain:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- UIC Barcelona Scholarship
- EADA Scholarship
- Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) PhD Scholarship
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) Diversity Scholarship
- The Fulbright Program
- Spanish Studies Abroad Merit-Based Scholarship
Now that we have known the names of top searched scholarships for Spain, let us explore them in detail.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for International Students
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is one of the most well-known scholarships for Spain which is funded by the European Union. The scholarship is given to those students who are specifically selected for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes. These students come from both EU and Non-EU countries. The programme offers full-time scholarships and fellowships that cover monthly allowance, participation costs, traveling and insurance costs of the students. This scholarship offers two types, depending on the country of origin:
- For Partner Country Students
- For Programme Country
- Students from all over the world can apply for a full-degree scholarship.
- The Student should have at least a university bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) or officially recognized equivalent and be able to provide a copy of this diploma when applying online or at the latest before the official starting date of the programme.
- The student should not have applied for more than 3 Erasmus Scholarship programmes within the same year.
When to Apply?
The application deadline for this scholarship for Spain is between January-February
- €4,500 (INR 3.64 lacs) per year for a Programme Country scholarship holder.
- €9,000 (INR 7.29 lacs) per year for a Partner Country scholarship holder.
- Any amount in excess will be covered by the GLOCAL Consortium and will not be charged to the scholarship holder.
UIC Barcelona Scholarship
Next up on our list of top scholarships for Spain, we have the UIC Barcelona Scholarship. UIC Barcelona is a renowned education institution which is known for its academic excellence. It is one of the top institutions in Spain which is targeted by International Students. The UIC Barcelona Scholarship is a notable scholarship for Spain. It provides grants to academically brilliant and potential international students.
- Only international students can apply
- The Student must secure an average grade of 8 or higher in their second to last year of secondary education (IB, GCSE, IGCSE, and foreign education systems), depending on conversion to the Spanish system.
- The student should have passed the UIC Barcelona entrance exam corresponding to the degree and secured admission to the institute.
This scholarship for Spain allows a waiver of 20% on academic fees for all approved degree programmes.
Also read about Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
EADA Scholarships are merit-based scholarships awarded to students who possess superior academic knowledge and potential. Under this scholarship for Spain, recipients are required to complete an administrative or academic project while studying at EADA. The Scholarship will be invalid if the students choose to not carry out the project.
The Scholarship is applicable for all students who have completed their admission process and paid 25% of their programme fee.
When to Apply?
The deadline varies between March and July depending on the programme chosen (MBA or other master’s programmes)
The Scholarship is merit-based and covers up to 25% of the programme fee (with exception of the Scholarship for Excellence, which covers up to 50%).
Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) Ph.D Scholarship
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) is a well-known and highly reputed research center that mainly focuses on promoting and disseminating work in applied Economics. The scholarship is particularly aimed at students who wish to pursue their PhD. It is one of the most sought-after scholarships for Spain that offers PhD scholarships for a period of 3 years with a possible extension of up to 1 year.
- Only those candidates who have done their Masters in Economics are eligible.
When to Apply?
The application deadline for the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) PhD Scholarship is usually in Summer, during May.
For this scholarship, the yearly gross amount of the stipend comes around € 16400 (INR 13.28 lacs) which includes the PhD tuition fees as well as travel grants in case of conferences abroad.
Read our top searches List of Scholarships in Norway for International Students
Barcelona GSE Master Scholarship
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics or the Barcelona GSE is an independent institution of research and graduate education which is located in Barcelona. Each year, this institution provides scholarships to some of its most talented students as a way to acknowledge their academic excellence.
- International Students from developing countries who have shown academic excellence, good quantitative skills and have a formal reference letter.
- The candidate must be undergraduate or a bachelor holding a university diploma in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.
- The candidate must also possess a TOEFL score of 90 or above or a IELTS score of 6.5 or more.
When to Apply?
The deadline of the application may vary between January and July
- The candidate shall receive a waiver on their tuition fees upto 25 %, 50 %, 75 % or 100 %.
- They also get the opportunity for a limited fully-funded scholarship.
Must Read: Top Scholarships for Sweden to Explore in 2021!
The Fulbright Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program offers scholarships to international students and professionals who wish to pursue independent research in Spain. The operational areas of the Fulbright Program extend to more than 160 countries around the world. Every year, around 4000 students get benefited from the Fulbright Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a conferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent before the start of the grant.
- The Candidate must have at least 3 years of full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study by the application deadline.
When to Apply?
Students can apply between July and October depending on the country of origin.
This scholarship for Spain offers around €4000 (INR 3.24 lacs) financial support and social insurance.
Explore some amazing Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
Spanish Studies Abroad Merit-Based Scholarship
The Spanish Studies Abroad Merit-Based Scholarship is perfect for those students who have a strong inclination and interest in the Spanish language. When it comes to this scholarship for Spain, strong preference is generally given to students who demonstrate great dedication to their study of Spanish both in and out of the classroom.
- Candidates may apply for the merit-based scholarship prior to their acceptance in an SSA program, but only accepted students may receive a scholarship.
- Candidates must also secure a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 or more.
- Candidates must submit an essay of 400-500 words written in English (topics may include writing about your personal life)
When to Apply?
The deadline for this scholarship for Spain is between April and October depending on the term of the program.
The Spanish Studies Abroad Merit-Based Scholarship offers a grant amount of between €500 – €1500 (INR 40K – INR 1.21 lacs) to the eligible students.
Have a look at the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic
Thus, this blog has covered the top scholarships for Spain. International students should definitely take advantage of these scholarships if they are planning to study in Spain. Planning to pursue your higher studies in Spain or any part of Europe? Well, you can always reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu for mentorship, guidance, and admission assistance. Book your free 30 minutes consultation with us today! Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.