Scholarships are a great way to study in Belgium without worrying about the financial burden of tuition fees. Belgium offers a wide variety of scholarships to international students, ranging from full tuition to partial tuition scholarships. There are also plenty of grants and fellowships available to help cover living expenses. The Belgian government offers a number of scholarships and grants for students who wish to study in Belgium, as do numerous universities and organizations. With the right amount of research, any international student can find the perfect scholarship or grant for their needs.
The government of Belgium is inviting international candidates from different parts of the world to study a full-time course of Masters Degree and Training. Hundreds of top Universities hold scholarships in Belgium for international students for higher studies. In this blog, let us know eligibility criteria, benefits, universities offering scholarships in Belgium, and other things aimed to develop your skills.
Scholarships in Belgium
Scholarships in Belgium implemented by the Government of Belgium give you the chance to pursue one year of the specialized master’s degree program or 4 to 6 months of advanced training courses in top Belgian universities. They offer fully-funded scholarships in Belgium for international students.
Eligibility criteria to apply for scholarships in Belgium
The applicant or candidate must be:
- Be a citizen from a developing country.
- Relevant academic background for a relevant field of study.
- Must be under the age of 40 for the master’s program and 45 for the training course.
- Can apply for 1 training course only.
- Passive knowledge of English is a must.
Fields of Study
Students who are interested in applying to scholarships in Belgium have the following available fields of masters to pursue:
- Development, societies, and environment.
- Human rights
- Aquatic resources management and aquaculture
- Risk and Disaster management
- Integrated management of health risks in developing countries.
- Transfusion Medicine
- Public Health Methodology
- Public health sciences – research methods applied to global health
- Science and environmental management in developing countries
- Transport and logistics
Financial Benefits offered by Scholarships in Belgium
Following are the benefit of the master’s degree program and scholarship coverage for international students:
|International travel||One round trip per academic year|
|Living allowance||GBP 1500/month p.a (INR 1.38 lacs)|
|Indirect mission fees||GBP 150 only once (INR 13.8K)|
|Arrival allowance, return, and tuition fee||GBP 700 only once (64 K)|
|Registration fees||At the current rate for DGD grantees.|
|Insurance fees||Directly paid by the ARES|
|Travel cost (inter-university training)||Reimbursed based on real amount.|
|International travel costs||One round trip per academic year|
|Living allowance||83€/day for stays b/w 8- 17 days
1400€/day for stay b/w 18 days to 1 month
1400€/day for a stay of 1 to 6 months.
|Indirect mission fees||150€. Only once|
|Insurance fees||Directly paid by ARES|
|Travel expense||Reimbursed based on real amount.|
Deadline and How to Apply
Below mentioned are the deadline dates and how you can apply:
- The last date to apply for the application for scholarships in Belgium is Jan-Feb 2023.
- The application form is totally free. ARES doesn’t charge any fee. To apply, click here.
Top 10 Universities for Scholarships in Belgium
Belgium is home to some of the top universities across the world. If you are looking for universities with scholarship programs, we have jotted down a list of top 10 universities for scholarships in Belgium’.
- Ghent University ph.d scholarship for developing countries
- Global Minds doctoral program scholarships in Belgium
- The Science@Leuven scholarships
- K.U. Leuven university Ph.D. scholarships in Belgium
- Erasmus Mundus Joint scholarships
- Université Catholique de louvain Phd scholarships
- International masters in rural development scholarship
- Government of Flanders Mastermind scholarships
- ARES masters and Training scholarships
- VLIR-UOS masters & training scholarships
This was all about fully funded scholarships in Belgium for international students. We hope this will clear your doubts. For more consultation regarding higher studies abroad, or scholarships all over the globe, we are here at your service. Follow Leverage Edu and don’t forget to leave your comments below. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.