The government of India provides various national scholarships like the Saksham Scholarship, NTSE, KVPY, Indira Gandhi Scholarship, etc. for students at different levels of study. The Swarna Jayanti Fellowship is a scholarship scheme instituted by the government of India to honour India’s fifty years of Independence. Let us understand more about it in this blog!
|Scholarship Type||Research Fellowship|
|Organization By||The Government of India|
|Amount||INR 25,000 per month|
|Application Deadline||April 2021 (Tentative)|
Table of Contents
- What is Swarna Jayanti Fellowship?
- Eligibility Criteria for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
- Application Process for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
- Documents Required
- Selection Procedure for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
What is Swarna Jayanti Fellowship?
The scholarship is given by the Department of Science and Technology to exceptional praiseworthy students who wish to pursue novel researches that will be useful to scientific studies. This fellowship program is not institution-specific but depends on the individual’s researches and other publications. It is a highly selective program and requires intense dedication and passion for science and technology subjects and their research. Individuals who are actively determined to use their unique research expertise and wish to make a difference in the world must check this blog to find details about the various requirements for being eligible for the Swarna Jayanti Fellowship program.
Must Read: Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Haryana (Dr Ambedkar Medhavi Chattra Sanshodhit Yojana)
Eligibility Criteria for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
Applicants who wish to enroll for the Swarna Jayanti Fellowship must check the eligibility criteria before applying:
- Applicants must be of Indian nationality.
- Applicant’s age group should be between 30 to 40 years only.
- Candidates must be PhD holders in any one of these streams – science and technology/ medicine/engineering.
- The applicant must be currently serving in a fine position in an organization, research facility or, an Indian academic center
- The candidate should have contributed extensively in terms of scientific publications and research writings.
- The applicant should not be availing of any other similar fellowship from the government of India.
- The candidate can be currently residing in India or any foreign country.
- The applicant must obtain a bonafide letter from the science and technology department from where s/he intend to pursue their fellowship at. The letter from the respective head of the department/institution should state that this facility will make suitable arrangements from the management side.
Also Read: List of Scholarship Examination in India 2021
Students who are selected for the Swarna Jayanti Fellowship are rewarded with the following:
- Selected candidates receive a fellowship amount of INR 25,000/month.
- They also receive monthly payments from the main institution where the candidate is conducting their research.
- Candidates who have to travel for their research or studies are also given study tour allowances, for both national and international trips.
- Candidates are granted additional monetary assistance for research work and finances incurred to buy equipment, materials, and other requirements are covered.
Application Process for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
The application process to enroll for the Swarna Jayanti Scholarship is given below. Candidates must follow each step carefully.
- Check the official website of the Department of Science and Technology: onlinedst.gov.in
- Click on ‘New PI Registration’ and fill the registration form which will include your login information, personal information, and contact information.
- Once your registration is completed, you will receive an e-mail verification link. Click on the link to get your account activated.
- Now click on the ‘Generate Password’ tab, and you can save a new password for logging in.
- Next, log in to the website again with details registered.
- Thoroughly read through the instructions before filling the form.
- Enter details in the application form and click on submit button.
Check Out – Colgate Scholarship: Here’s Everything You Need To Know!
The following documents must be submitted only if the participants are selected for further rounds of the process.
- PAN card or Aadhaar card.
- Birth certificate.
- ID card issued by the parent institution.
- All transcripts and certificates of higher qualifications.
- Specific mark sheets of the qualifying exams.
- Address proof of candidate: passport or driving license.
Selection Procedure for Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
The following factors play an important role in the selection procedure of the applicants:
- The selection for the Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme includes many stages and the inputs from experts at DST are gathered. The final decision is made based on committee suggestions.
- The selection is done based on factors like merits and drawbacks which are considered based on the novelty of the candidate’s research. The originality of the research and its extensiveness also add to the factors that increase the chance of being selected.
- Candidates who are conducting their research on current areas of interest in science and technology have increased chances of being selected for the fellowship.
Here’s All You Need to Know About UGC Scholarships for Girls
- To check whether you have been selected for the Swarnajayanti fellowship, check the official list of shortlisted candidates for pursuing research displayed on the official portal of DST, the government of India.
- There is a subject-wise list of selected candidates available in a PDF Format. After selecting your field of specialization, click on the PDF list and check for their name.
Hope you found the details that will help you avail of the Swarna Jayanti Fellowship program and excel in your research. If you have any queries regarding the application process or requirements, you can reach out to our team at Leverage Edu who will assist you. Sign up for a free session today!