The University of East Anglia India Award is an exciting opportunity for Indian students to gain a world-class education in the United Kingdom. This prestigious award is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students and provides a chance to experience the unique culture, history and bustling cities of England. Through this award, students will gain access to the world-renowned teaching and research at the University of East Anglia, one of the top universities in the United Kingdom. This award also provides financial support to cover tuition fees and living expenses, making it an ideal choice for Indian students looking to further their education abroad.
Indian students often choose UK universities to pursue higher education because of the top universities, the UK education system, and multiple scholarship programs. One such university is the University of East Anglia, located in Norwich, England. UEA sees Indian students in large numbers applying to its postgraduate programs every year. As a result, it started the UEA India Award which provides financial assistance to those students who have academic potential but lack financial support.In this blog we have discussed about UEA India Awards.
The master’s degree is eligible for this grant. The following courses at the University of East Anglia in the UK are eligible for this scholarship:
- MSc MarketingMSc Brand Leadership
- LLM Master of LawsMA International Relations
- MSc Computing ScienceMA Public Policy and Public Management
- MSc Environmental Assessment and ManagementMSc Environmental Sciences
- MSc Business ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- LLM Media Law, Policy and PracticeLLM International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- LLM Information Technology and Intellectual Property LawLLM International Commercial and Business Law
- LLM International Commercial and Competition Law LLM International Trade Law
- The scholarship is applicable to any Master (taught) study programmes offered by the University
Eligibility of the UEA India Award
- must have completed their bachelor’s degree
- must have applied for commencing the Master (taught) program at UEA
- must hold either a conditional or unconditional offer for a postgraduate taught program at UEA in order to be considered for a scholarship
- must be self-funded students as students sponsored for full tuition fees by an outside body or government organization will not be eligible for this scholarship
- Holders of an Indian four-year Bachelor’s degree with at least 52% will be considered for postgraduate study. The requirement will vary depending on the examination board and course applied for
- Students applying for, or expecting to receive, government loans are eligible to apply
- Students who are offered a scholarship must accept the scholarship offer within 4 weeks
- Scholarship recipients must complete a UEA new student survey
- Applicant should have 6.0 overall in IELTS with a minimum of 5.5 in only two components with 6.0 in the others
- Applicant should have 58 overall in PTE with a minimum of 59 in only two components with 64 in the others
Students who are granted the UEA India Award will get benefits on their tuition fees. The benefits according to eligibility are given below:
|The amount for Tuition Fees||Eligibility|
|GBP 4,000 (INR 4.02 lakhs)||If you meet entry requirements for the postgraduate taught courses|
|GBP 5,000 (INR 5.02 lakhs)||If your undergraduate degree is graded 65% or above|
|GBP 5,000 (INR 5.02 lakhs)||If your LLB Grade is 60% or above|
Admission Guide for UEA
Since the UEA awards the India Award automatically to Indian students, you do not have to go through any application process. You will be notified of the same by the University of East Anglia via email. Make sure you check your registered email ID after applying.
Mapping your Study Abroad Journey in 2022
This was all about the UEA India award. If you want to get into a high-ranked university abroad, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.